Monday, October 19, 2009

a great thing came from dystonia

Wow! I finally learned how to iron after all these years of doing it. I have always hated ironing. However, due to the pain I have been having with my right arm trying to turn at the elbow and extreme pain when using my right hand to hold onto things for more than a minute, I was forced to iron with my left hand today.

To my surprise, I finally learned how to iron well. I can not believe how much easier it is for me to keep the iron in my left hand and use my right hand to hold the dang fabric in place on the ironing board. I have always detested ironing and avoid it at all costs because of the never ending battle I always had with the shirt or whatever and the shirt always seemed to win. Hmmm. Who knew such a positive thing would come from my arm being difficult. And even that is doing better now as the muscles have calmed back down. Yeah!!

So today is a very optimistic day. I just wish Justin would feel better and not have the flu right now. He is a trooper.

2 comments:

  1. Debbie, I haven't talked to you about this like I have wanted to because I am stupid and I never know what to say and I don't know if you feel like talking about it. Reading this just hit my heart! I love you so much, you are my best friend, I am so blessed that we are so close and that we are such good friends even after all of these years. If I could I would take all this away from you, you are such a beautiful person and no one should have to go through this. God has his own plan for all of us, He knows what you are going through and He is with you at ALL times. You are so strong and I want to help you in any way that I can. I think it is great that you are doing this blog. I didn't even know what a "blog" was!!! You are the best person I know, you are an awesome mother, a great wife, a loving daughter and sister and you are MY best friend - you are not dystonia, you are Gods child and He sees you and He will get you through this. I am here for you, I love you always. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea,

    Thank you again for your message. You are NOT stupid. I hope we can get together soon.

    Love ya,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete